Cooking Thyme With Tristan: Tuscan Tortellini Soup
Get classy in less than 30 minutes. And make yourself look like a waaaaaaaay better cook than you actually are. Show your love that you’ve got the juice! Eh? Eh? Eh?
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bag of three cheese tortellini
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Handful of kale
- Handful of cut carrots
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of corn
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Cook the ground turkey with 1 tsp of red preppier flakes, 1 tsp of Italian season, and salt & pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini
- When the turkey is fully cooked add in corn, tomatoes and beans
- In a large soup pot, add in ALL ingredients
- Let the ingredient marry each other and summer for 5 minutes
- Serve hot with a little fresh parmesan on top!
What you have is something that looks and tastes fancy but takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and less than 15 minutes to cook!
Until next time.
Tristan Layne Tapscott has been dubbed the “Quad Cities’ P.T. Barnum” and although the person who initially said it meant it as an insult, he happily accepts the title.